Monday, March 14, 2016

My first ever colouring page!

I dove right into Secret garden the night I got it in the mail. I started with a 10-pack of Stadtler fineliners and some Inktense that I had at home. I dodn't give much thought to shading, color palette or anything fancy like that. Pretty soon I discovered Pinterest and the crazy amount of colouring inspo there, and I understood that I wanted some colouring skillz. I realized I wanted more than to just randomly colour inside the lines, and I quickly became unhappy with this first page. But in stead of scrapping it, I decided it would become my training/testing page. Handy in the start of the book, it now contains my first attempts at shading, swatches of new supplies, a go at the background thing and everything in between. I will continue using the spread for testing/training purposes and I'm sure it will be beautiful in the end, in a psychedelic sort of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment