Sunday, March 13, 2016

Crafty post: pencil holder cups from IKEA!

Since we're recently moved into our house, we spend a considerable time at IKEA. Like most people we remember we need something about once a week so we end up making IKEA runs pretty frequently. My colleagues ask me every Friday: so, did you go to IKEA last night? As Thursdays are our usual shopping nights :)
 
 
 
On one of these runs I discovered these glasses that turned out to be the ideal pencil holders! I love that they are simple and clear so I can see the whole pencil/pen. I love glass as a material, I think it looks so luxurious the way it reflects the light. If I could I would have glass panes on every bookshelf and kitchen cabinet in the house.(Actually thinking about it I DO have glass panes on all the bookshelves!) These glasses will comfortably hold any set of 24; larger sets than that I keep in their tins. Also my "fancy" coloured fineliners, the Staedtler Triplus, I keep horizontally. For everything else ther is Masterc... these glasses!
They are called 365+ and come in two sizes, a taller and a shorter size. Personally I prefer the shorter ones as they show more of the pencil and I like how the pencils sort of spread out in the short ones. But to each his own! The best part is that they are really inexpensive, 29kr for the small and 39 for the large, that is for a set of 6. A perfect bargain especially considering that art stores charge you big bucks for really ugly pencil holders.

I spent last night pimping a couple of them, I even made an Eastery one. I used decoupage paper, regular paper napkins, satin ribbons and a decoupage gloss. They turned out a bit not-so-perfect but for my craft desk they will do just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment